Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I just flew in from Nashville...

and boy are my arms tired.

We departed for the airport this morning at about 10am central time, No problems getting to the flight. We had a connection in Chicago and then boarded Air India to Frankfurt. Most of our plane was not headed to Germany. Almost everyone was going on to some stop in India. We got really lucky and happened to be next to a nice lady with a cat on board. They had given her an entire row, and she seemed glad to let Kelley sit with her. We both ended up with an empty seat beside us.

My seat companion was an older Indian lady that spoke no English. She smiled at everything I said but had no idea what was going on. She somehow turned her overhead light on and when I tried to help her I found myself speaking Spanish phrases. "No es aqui" and "si" didn't register with her either. I don't know why, maybe it was residency, but I just assume everyone speaks Spanish.

The flight was long but uneventful. Air India is very relaxed, great hospitality, would bring you anything you asked for. My only complaint would be the lack of movies in flight, Delta last year had about 25 new movies and tons of entertainment, we only had 3. Hellboy 2, Mama Mia, and Sisterhood of the Pants Party. Lots of Indian movies though.

After the flight we took a short train ride to Aschaffenburg. This is a small town near Frankfurt where my parents lived and were married in. Its a nice, quaint place. People seem nice so far. We toured around the city in cab and on foot. Things have changed a bit since they were here last 40 years ago. We got some beer and good food. Gellato stuff is awesome and everywhere.

I took a few photos today and will try and post them.

2009 7-1


Hope everyone is well back home,
Michael

1 comment:

  1. Glad ya'll made it safely and are having a good time. Gellato is awesome!

    ReplyDelete